Today is World Kindness Day. May you find kindness, share kindness and bring a smile to someone’s face!
Please take a moment to review the following information:
REMEMBRANCE DAY ASSEMBLY AT WILSHRE ES
Friday morning, our phenomenal Grade 7 & 8 students from Mr. Rosenfeld’s class hosted our students and staff through a meaningful time of reflection to mark Remembrance Day and Indigenous Veterans Day. A number of students from other classes participated in the assembly by sharing poems, poppy wreaths, and their postcards to veterans. For many of our Wilshire students, Friday marked the first time they’ve ever participated in such a large group gathering. Thank you students of Wilshire for your excellence.
PARENT/GUARDIAN-TEACHER INTERVIEWS…AND PROGRESS REPORTS
As a follow-up to some questions regarding student progress, please review the following information:
- Access to EDSBY for interviews close Monday, November 14th at noon (12:00pm). If EDSBY closes before you get to book your time, you will need to contact the HOMEROOM TEACHER directly to set up an interview time
- Log into EDSBY and select an available slot to meet with the HOMEROOM TEACHER; When you log in, you’ll either see “book” or “available” for any slots not yet selected, or “blocked” if the slots are not available
- If for some reason, you cannot make the times available, please connect directly with the HOMEROOM TEACHER for alternate arrangements
- If your child has 2 teachers and you wish to meet with the non-Homeroom teacher, please connect with the Non-Homeroom teacher via email or phone to coordinate a time. Unfortunately, there are not enough time slots on the 17th and 18th for non-Homeroom teachers to see all parents/guardians
- Due to technical issues, Progress Reports will be distributed the week of November 23rd. This will occur after Parent/Guardian-Teacher Interviews). Homeroom Teachers will be able to speak to your child’s progress to date at the Parent/Teacher interview.
- Parent/Guardian-Teacher interviews will take place on Thursday November 17 in the evening, and in the morning of Friday November 18.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR
Wilshire’s Scholastic Book Fair will take place this week! The inperson fair is Monday November 14th 2022 to Thursday, November 17th 2022 and the online fair is November 11 – 18 (LINK for VIRTUAL BOOK FAIR @ Wilshire ES). Classes will be scheduled to visit throughout the week to view and to make purchases. You may also come by the book fair on the evening of the 17th before or after your interview.
KIDS HAVE STRESS TOO!
Vaughn Community Health Care (VCHC) is offering a workshop to support students in dealing with stress.
IMPORTANT SCHOOL START-UP PERMISSION FORMS REMINDER
If you have not yet completed the School Start-Up Permissions forms online please follow these instructions:
• Sign in to your child’s GAPPS account
• Go to https://startupforms.yrdsb.ca/
• Complete the forms online.
If you have more than one child, you must log out of the first GAPPS account and log into the next one before filling out the form.
ON THE HORIZON…
November 14 – 17 – Scholastic Book Fair in the Library (virtual fair until November 18)
Monday, November 14 – EDSBY Parent Teacher Interview Scheduler closes at noon (12:00pm)
Tuesday, November 15 – Gr. 8 Open House at Westmount CI
Thursday, November 17 – Parent Teacher Interviews (evening)
Friday, November 18 – PA Day – no school for students (Parent Teacher Interviews in the morning)
Tuesday, November 22 – Boys Area Volleyball Team Tournament
Friday December 23 – Last day of school before Holidays
Saturday December 24 – Sunday January 8, 2023 – WINTER BREAK
Monday January 9, 2023 – First Day back to school
Have an amazing weekend!