Good Evening Wilshire Families,
This important email update will help clarify the upcoming week at Wilshire ES:
- Monday November 7: School is closed. All learning continues asynchronously for all students. Monday is Day 1 on the Cycle Day calendar.
- Technology distribution will begin at 11am until 2pm tomorrow (November 7). If you require the use of a Chromebook, please come the “Request for Technology Google Form.” Please DO NOT ARRIVE before 11am, as I require some time to gather the inventory in order to distribute. The intent of loaning technology here is so students who may not have access to technology at home, may participate in online learning.
- Tuesday November 8: Wilshire ES will remain closed, UNLESS DIRECTED OTHERWISE. As new information emerges, I will continue to share emails with you to keep you as up-to-date as possible. On Tuesday November 8, and onward, learning will be synchronous. All teachers will be connecting with students and their families regarding the format for learning, and Google Classroom information. If you are unclear about what this means, please reach out to your child’s teachers via email or EDSBY. They will not be able to access phone messages, as Wilshire is closed.
- The leaders of our extracurricular lunch programs will reach out to participants with directions on how the programs will proceed, or be delayed until a return to Wilshire.
- Pizza lunches (Tuesday), Sub lunches (Wednesday) and KidsKitchen (Friday): If you have paid for these programs, we will be announcing how we will extend the lunch program so that your child will still receive what you’ve paid for. Please continue to check your email for updates.
There are likely a lot of questions at this time. Please continue to stay connected with your child’s teachers. If you require assistance, please reach out to me via email as we have limited access to phones.
Stay well. We look forward to continuing our partnership with you throughout the 2022-2023 school year, regardless of where we learn with and from one another.
Hope you have enjoyed the sunshine this weekend.