In solidarity with all of those in our community with family and loved ones impacted by the conflict in Ukraine.
The following are some services currently available to families:
● LifeWorks 24/7 Free Support Crisis Line for Those Impacted by the events in Ukraine: 1-844-751-2133
● Ukrainian Enquiries Phone Line for Clients in Canada and Abroad: 613-321-4243 (Collect calls accepted). More information about Canadian immigration measures for people affected by events in Ukraine are available online by Canadian Immigration and Citizenship.
● Jewish Immigrant Aid Services (JIAS) | firstname.lastname@example.org
– Services for newcomers of all faiths and cultural affiliations.
– Currently supporting with family sponsorships.
● Emergency Hotline for the Ukrainian Jewish Community
Info, Guidance & Assistance (Hebrew, Ukrainian and Russian)
Provided by The Jewish Agency & The International Fellowship of Chistians and Jews
– From Ukraine: 0-800-504-504603 (Toll Free)
– From Israel: 1-800-228055 x4 (Toll Free)
– Assistance Request Form
150,000 – 300,000 Jewish people live in Ukraine. Ukraine is home to the 5th-largest Jewish community in Europe and one of the poorest Jewish communities in Europe. It is also home to the largest Chabad Centre and Jewish complex in the world.
● In-School Settlement Worker, Olga Joukova
Supporting Newcomer Families in York Region (Ukrainian, Russian & Hebrew)
email@example.com | 416-616-6789
Provided by Settlement Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR),
Catholic Community Services of York Region (CCSYR)
*Services for newcomers of all faith affiliations.
To assist Canadians concerned about their loved ones in Ukraine, effective immediately, the following phone providers will be waiving all Home Phone and consumer Mobility Postpaid Long Distance charges for calls from Canada to Ukraine until Mar. 31, 2022:
● Bell Canada
● Fido – including long distance SMS to Ukraine and roaming fees are also waived.
● Freedom Mobile – including long distance SMS to Ukraine and roaming fees are also waived.
● Rogers – including long distance SMS to Ukraine and roaming fees are also waived.
● Telus – waiving all additional charges for long-distance calls and texts to Ukraine until March 12th
● Virgin Plus
These changes will be applied automatically during the month of March. No action is required by customers.