Tomorrow, Thursday, October 14th is our Wilshire’s Curriculum Night: Meet the Staff. Due to Health and Safety priorities, this year’s event is being held virtually (online). Each family will be invited (via email) by their child’s teacher(s) to a Google Meet where they will have an opportunity to meet the teacher, hear about the upcoming year and to take a peek into the school/ classroom.
The schedule for the evening is as follows:
5:30 pm – 5:55 pm Session 1
6:05 pm – 6:30 pm Session 2 (this is a repeat of Session 1)
You will have already received an email from your child’s teacher with information about how to join the virtual event. A stable internet connection is needed to join. Please use your child’s YRDSB gapps username and password.
Once you join the meeting, please follow the meeting guidelines below:
- Please keep your audio on mute so all participants can hear
- Please turn your camera off
Please be aware that during the Curriculum Night: Meet the Staff, you must refrain from:
- recording any aspect of a the meeting (including pictures, voices or video) using internal or external recording devices;
- taking photos or screenshots of anything other than when given explicit permission or direction by the teacher to do so (e.g. a visual used for instructional purposes that won’t be reposted later).
- distributing/posting any recorded, copied or distributed materials in any way, including to all social media platforms; and
- editing or manipulating materials in any way.
Here are step-by-step instructions for logging into the Google Meet from a computer or chromebook. If you are using a mobile device, use the Google Meet guide for mobile devices. You will be using your child’s YRDSB Gapps login.
We hope that you will be able to join us! Please connect with your child’s teacher if you have any questions.