Re: Student Material Retrieval and Technology Return Process
Students and families may now arrange to safely pick up items they left at school and return items that belong to the YRDSB on Friday, June 25th and Monday, June 28th. If you are not participating in a YRDSB summer school program, you must return all YRDSB technology (e.g., laptop, chromebook, etc.) to your home school. Students are also expected to return all school items including textbooks, school library books, musical instruments and anything else that is property of the YRDSB.
Students & families are asked to schedule a time using the Student Material Retrieval and Technology Return Survey.
Guidelines for Visit
- Visits to the school must be conducted within the Public Health Guidelines and will include; physical distancing, single entry/exit point and use of hand sanitization. Further, a self-screening must be conducted prior to entering the building.
- Elementary students, a parent/guardian is to retrieve materials with your child (gr. 7/8s may attend alone)
- Ensure you know your child’s homeroom, teacher’s name and/or locker number/combination
- No additional family members, particularly children, will be allowed to enter the building
- No access to washrooms or drinking fountains
- If your child has medication at the school, it will be bagged, labeled and available for pick up.
- Desks, lockers and any other individual spaces must be cleared out, as all remaining items will be discarded. Lockers should be left open, and school locks may remain
- Family members/students will be told where to return items.
Our goal is to provide a safe and supportive process to allow for the retrieval of materials and return of school property. We appreciate cooperation as we facilitate a safe and organized process.