As you are aware, the Ontario Ministry of Education has announced that following the spring break, all Ontario schools will be closed to elementary students beginning April 19th, 2021. Beginning on Monday, students will participate in online learning. This is in an effort to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please have a look below for some important items for this week and some general information.
Monday April 19th (Day 3)
- Teachers will post work for students and will communicate with families what the days ahead will look like.
- If you require technology for learning at home, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a time for you to pick it up from the school this week – most of you have already received what you need
Tuesday April 20th (Day 4)
- Online classes will begin at 8:55 a.m.
- Regular schedules will be followed and teachers will provide the timetable if you don’t have a copy already
- 60% of the day will be synchronous for Kindergarten and 75% will be synchronous for grades 1-8
- Teachers will be taking attendance in EDSBY starting today and for the remainder of online school. If your child is going to be away from school, please report it through EDSBY or iNFORM
Wednesday April 21st (Day 5)
- April 14, 2021 is the International Day of Pink. However, due to the revised Spring Break, this year the YRDSB will be acknowledging the International Day of Pink on April 21, 2021. The International Day of Pink is a day when communities across Canada and across the world unite to celebrate diversity and raise awareness about the need to stop homophobia, transphobia, discrimination and all forms of bullying. On this annual day in April, individuals wear pink to show respect for diversity and to demonstrate support for learning and working environments which are safe and inclusive of people from all different backgrounds.
Thursday April 22nd (Day 1)
- This is ‘Earth Day’ and the theme for this year is “Restore our Earth.” Consider ways your family can help protect, appreciate and respect our environment.
Friday April 23rd (Day 2)
- Reminder to report absences in EDSBY or through iNFORM
- Office staff will be working remotely but will be in the school as needed – please email us or leave a voice message and we will get back to you in a timely manner email@example.com
We will continue to share updates and information with you as it becomes available.
Your partner in learning,