We are looking forward to in-class learning beginning on Tuesday, February 16th. We remind families to send their children to school with at least 2-3 masks. One mask that they will be wearing and clean ones that they can use should the one they are wearing become soiled.
Please be reminded that school begins at 8:55am and ends at 3:15pm. We ask that parents wear masks once on school property and that parents and students practice social distancing. Students will continue to enter the building in their designated locations as we did prior to the holidays. If your child arrives after students have entered the building, please bring them around the front of the building to check in at the office. See you Tuesday!
NEW Health and Safety Measures!
As previously communicated, there are some new health and safety measures in place, including:
- Updated School Screening Tool (Please see the link for the checklist) – On a daily basis, students, staff and essential visitors must screen for COVID-19 before going to school. Anyone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms is required to remain home.
- Masks are now required for students in Grades 1-3, as well as those in Grades 4-12. Students in kindergarten are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- Masks are now required outdoors, during recess as well as common areas, in addition to in-class and in the gym.
- Lunch /Snack Expectations: During eating times at school when masks are not being worn, students must remain in their own seat/desk and refrain from talking. When finished eating or wanting to speak, students need to put their masks back on.
- Students are discouraged from congregating before and after school.
- York Region Public Health is recommending that students wear three-layer masks. Two layer masks are permitted if they are clean and fit appropriately.
Thank you for your ongoing support and patience. We will continue to share updates and information with you as it becomes available. You can also follow the Board’s Twitter feed: @YRDSB, or for information about YRDSB’s reopening plan, visit: www.yrdsb.ca/school-reopening.
If you borrowed a device from the school prior to the break, we ask that you return the device to school on Tuesday February 16th, as the devices belong to our classrooms and students use them throughout the day in order to complete assigned work. Please be sure to return the Chromebook in the bag provided or clearly labelled with your child’s name to their teacher so that it can be recorded as being returned on our inventory list. Devices will be sanitized and prepared for students’ use upon being returned.
Janine Franklin, Principal