Schools will reopen to students on February 16, 2021. This is a reminder to families regarding the closing date of the survey on Monday, February 8. Any change of program will take effect Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
- January 27, 2021 – elementary families received an email explaining the process for submitting a request to change models (F2F to EVS or EVS to F2F)
- February 1, 2021 – survey opened, and will remain open until Feb 8, 2021.
- February 8, 2021 – deadline to submit a model change request
- March 3, 2021 – change of program takes effect for those who choose a model change
- Only families requesting a school model change will need to submit a request.
- This will be the last opportunity for elementary students to change learning models in the 2020-21 school year.
- The School Model Change request form will be distributed to families and remain open, from February 1 to Feb 8.
- Families will be informed of any changes to their child’s class placement or program model, as well as the date it begins
- Staff will continue to work diligently to ensure successful transitions for students changing models.
- We cannot guarantee that there will not be an increase in combined grades or a change to the number of students in classes in some schools.
- Due to the complexity of the pending reorganization and staffing, a child may be assigned a new teacher.
- Regardless of the model chosen, YRDSB is committed to ensuring that the learning experience for students will be both safe and engaging.
Regardless of the model chosen, YRDSB is committed to ensuring that the learning experience for students will be both safe and engaging.