Here are some important messages to note about this week at Wilshire:
- Winter weather is upon us, although it may not last very long. Please make sure you send your children to school dressed for the weather. Children will be going outside each day for recess, which is even more important now as a break from wearing masks. It is important that they are dressed warm enough to stay out for the full 30 minute afternoon recess.
- Thank you to everyone who entered our Wilshire Pumpkin Carving Contest. The judging has closed and winners will be announced this week. Thank you to the Wilshire School Council for sponsoring this contest.
- Wilshire School Council will be meeting virtually this Wednesday, November 4 at 7:00 pm. All parents are welcome. Please join by logging in to https://www.gotomeet.me/Wilshirestaff or calling in to (647) 497-9373.
- Parent-teacher interviews are on the evening of Thursday, November 12 and morning of Friday, November 13. Interviews will be conducted virtually. You must select your interview block through Edsby. The interview scheduler will open to parents this Thursday morning at 9:00. You will receive a message in Edsby when the scheduler is open. Please see this link for more information on how to schedule your interview: http://www.yrdsb.ca/boarddocs/Pages/Parent-Teacher-Interviews-Edsby.aspx
- This week is Treaty Recognition Week in Ontario. Treaties are agreements made between Indigenous Peoples of Canada and the Crown. These treaties outline the rights and responsibilities of both Indigenous people and the government. We are able to learn on the land on which our school is built because of a treaty. This week is also Holocaust Education Week – a time to recognize, remember, and educate students about the Holocaust. Finally, this week is also Down Syndrome Awareness Week. We want to celebrate the abilities of all people with Down Syndrome in our school and our community.