On Thursday, October 8, you are invited to join us for Meet the Teacher Night. Due to Health and Safety priorities, this year’s event is being held virtually (online). Each family will be invited (via email) by their child’s teacher(s) to a Google Meet where they will have an opportunity to meet the teacher, hear about the upcoming year, take a peek into the school/ classroom, and have an introduction to the new Ministry Math Curriculum.
The schedule for the evening is as follows:
5:00-5:30 – Classroom Presentation
5:30-6:00 – Second Classroom Presentation
Each teacher will present the same information twice to allow for parents with children in different classes to see two presentations. You may join the presentations at either time slot.
You will receive an email from your child’s teacher with information about how to join the virtual event. A stable internet connection is needed to join.
Once you join the meeting, please follow the meeting guidelines below:
- Please keep your audio on mute so all participants can hear
- Please turn your camera off
Please be aware that during the Meet the Teacher presentations you must refrain from:
- recording any aspect of a Google Meet (including pictures, voices or video) using internal or external recording devices;
- taking photos or screenshots of anything other than when given explicit permission or direction by the teacher to do so (e.g. a visual used for instructional purposes that won’t be reposted later).
- distributing/posting any recorded, copied or distributed materials in any way, including to all social media platforms; and
- editing or manipulating materials in any way.
Here are step-by-step instructions for logging into the Google Meet from a computer or chromebook. If you are using a mobile device, use the Google Meet guide for mobile devices. You will be using your child’s YRDSB Gapps login.
We hope that you will be able to join us on Thursday, October 8!