As we near the end of our second full week of school, just some reminders that will help everything run smoother here at Wilshire.
- Yom Kippur – Please remember that if you will be keeping your child home for Yom Kippur on Monday, you need to report it to the school through Edsby or by phoning the school. This can be done immediately and any time leading up to Monday. If you do not pre-report the absence, our Safe Arrival Procedures mandate that we must call parents to confirm that your child is safely at home with you. To avoid this disruption to your holiday, please pre-report the absence.
2. Extra Masks – We have many students each day coming to the office to get masks for a variety of reasons (e.g., they have forgotten it at home, it is dirty, they lost it, etc.). It is very helpful if students come to school with 3 clean masks in their backpacks. This way they have an extra if they need a replacement throughout the day and they do not need to miss instructional time to deal with this. Thank you!
3. Terry Fox Run – We will be having our annual Terry Fox Walk/Run on Wednesday, September 30. Classes will be going out individually to complete their Run. Please consider supporting this cause. Donating online to The Terry Fox Foundation is fast and easy. Donors get a receipt immediately by email.
1. Go to www.terryfox.org
2. Click “Terry Fox School Run”
3. Click “Donate to a Student/School”
4. Enter the name of your school and follow the prompts to donate
Your child may also choose to set up their own fundraising page by clicking the “Donate to a Student” button. Their page will connect automatically to our school’s fundraising page and they’ll receive a link to email friends and family to help them reach their fundraising goal. This is the 40th anniversary of Terry Fox’s run, and we hope that despite this unusual year, the Wilshire community will help us to support this worthy cause.