Please don’t forget that Monday, June 15 and Tuesday, June 16 will be the days that the school is accessible for parents and students to come in and retrieve any belongings. This will also be the time to return any school materials before the summer (library books, textbooks, musical instruments, etc.). You must book a timeslot through Edsby as we can only allow one parent/student in each classroom at a time, for safety reasons. If you do not retrieve your items at this time, anything left behind will be disposed of. This includes student work, artwork, clothing, etc. We cannot store belongings until September as we will need to have the rooms entirely cleaned and set up for the new school year.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
- I don’t have an Edsby account. What do I do? You most likely do have an account as you would have needed it to book parent-teacher interviews in the past, as well as reporting student absences. Go to yrdsb.edsby.com . Click the “Forgot Password” password link. You will receive an email that will allow you to reset and log in. If that doesn’t work, please email our school email address: email@example.com . Please do not call the school as there is no one in the office to answer your calls.
2. I have multiple children in different classes. Can we go to all of their classrooms at the same time? No, for health and safety reasons, we can only have one parent/child in each class for each timeslot. You must book a timeslot for each child. Only one parent/child from each family can enter the school at a time. If you are bringing multiple children to school, the other children can wait outside the front of the school while the parent and one child go to their classroom. Mr. Barlow will be outside the school and will supervise any school-aged children that need to wait outside. Please make other arrangements for younger siblings that are not yet school-aged.
3. Are these appointments just to pick up belongings like shoes and jackets? What about schoolwork the child has done? These appointments are to pick up everything that belongs to the students, including schoolwork, artwork, notebooks, pencil cases, etc. Teachers have taken the time to distribute any student work that they had to the students’ desks and cubbies so that they are ready to go home with the students next week. Unfortunately, school work, notebooks, etc. that are not collected next week will be disposed of.
Note – when you come to the school, please bring a bag or bags to put all of the students’ belongings in. You will not be able to sort through the desk to throw out papers, etc at school. This must be done at home. Teachers have already gone through the students’ desks to remove any items that belong to the school.
4. Can my child just get their belongings on their own? Students in Grade 7 and 8 may go in and get their own belongings. Students that are younger than Grade 7 must be accompanied by an adult if they are entering the school.
5. We have a laptop from the school so that my child can do their online work. Do we have to return it next week? Families are able to keep technology devices over the summertime. You do not need to return them until the fall.
6. I don’t have anything to pick up from the school, but we do have some library books to return. Do we still need to make an appointment? No, if you are just returning items, you can bring them to the front of the school during the day on Monday and Tuesday. Mr. Barlow and the office staff will be out front and can collect the items from you. You only need to make an appointment if you need to go inside the school.
Thank you for your assistance. We look forward to seeing families next week!