NOTE – This is the same letter that was sent to families by email yesterday. We want to make sure everyone has received it. Edsby will open at 4:00 today to book appointments to enter the school. Remember that you must book multiple timeslots if you have multiple children.
Re: Student Material Retrieval and Return Process
Students and families may now arrange to safely pick up items they left at school and return items that belong to the YRDSB during the week of June 15th – June 19th. In order to book a time at the school, families will be given instructions to use a familiar tool for our school: Edsby.
Each student will receive a 15 minute time slot, and will only be permitted entry during this pre-arranged time. Families who are unable to sign up for a scheduled time should email our school email address and school office staff will help.
Our dates for student retrieval are Monday, June 15 and Tuesday, June 16.
Safety protocols will be in place as you enter school building, and will include:
● practice social distancing by staying two metres apart from anyone not from your household;
● wear a mask (if you choose);
● use hand sanitizer as you enter and exit the building (Any one wearing gloves upon arrival will be asked to remove and discard them. Applying hand sanitizer to gloves is not considered an acceptable way of cleaning hands.);
● use the designated entry/exit doors only;
● expect that retrieval/return time slots will be 15 MINUTES ONLY
You are encouraged to wear a personal face covering (non-medical mask such as a cloth mask or bandana) to reduce the spread of respiratory droplets to protect others. For more information about how to use face coverings properly, visit www.york.ca/covid19. Masks and gloves will not be provided.
If you are currently using a board-issued laptop and you are returning to a YRDSB school in the fall, please keep your laptop for use over the summer. If you are not returning to a YRDSB school in September, you must return all YRDSB technology (e.g., laptop, chromebook, etc.).
All students are expected to return the following items which belong to the school:
● School library books ● Teacher classroom library books ● Classroom supplies ● Musical instruments that belong to the school ● Textbooks● Athletic uniforms and equipment ● Anything else that is property of the YRDSB
Guidelines for Visit
● Visits to the school must be conducted within the Public Health Guidelines. Physical distancing, single entry point and hand sanitization are expected to be strictly adhered to by anyone entering our buildings. Further, a self-screening must be conducted prior to entering the building.
● Elementary school students, a parent/guardian is to retrieve materials with your child (grade 7s and 8s may attend alone)
● Ensure you know your child’s homeroom, teacher’s name and/or locker number/combination
● No additional family members, particularly children, will be allowed to enter the building during the assigned time slot.
● No access to washrooms or drinking fountains.
● If your child has medication at the school, it will be bagged, labeled and available for pick up as you enter the building.
● Desks, lockers and any other individual spaces must be cleared out, as all remaining items will be discarded. Lockers should be left open, and school locks may remain
● Family members/students will drop off any items that belong to the school in their homeroom class. There will be no walking to other rooms.
Our ultimate goal is to provide a safe and supportive process to allow for the retrieval of materials and return of school property. We know this has been a most challenging year, and we thank you for your cooperation as we facilitate a safe and organized process.
Principal, Wilshire Elementary School