Regular and punctual attendance affects school success and is expected of all students. You are responsible for notifying the school before bell time at 8:55am if your child will be absent or late. We have a safe arrivals program so that we can account for the whereabouts of absent students if the absence has not been reported prior to bell time.
There are two easy ways you can report your child’s absence. You can also use both options to report future planned absences.
If you have activated your Edsby account, you can login to Edsby at www.yrdsb.edsby.com and report your child’s absence online. You can access an online video tutorial to learn more (bit.ly/edsbyabsence) about how to do this. If you have not yet created an Edsby account, please contact your local school for information on how to do this.
- By phone at 905-889-6767
Starting April 4, you can also use our new automated phone reporting tool, iNFORM. To report your child’s absence, please call the school phone number, press 1 to report a late or absence, and follow the prompts provided. A confirmation email will be sent to all parents/guardians who have access to the student’s records.
Please note: for safety purposes, iNFORM will use the phone number you have provided to the office to verify the caller reporting the absence. Please ensure that your school has the proper phone number on file.
Please see the attached fact sheet for additional information on how to use this automated system.
If you are reporting an absence or late after the bell time, you can use Edsby, call the school to verify the late or absence. Parents/guardians will receive an automated call and email if your child has been marked late or absent and you have not reported it. You will be prompted to verify whether or not you are aware of the absence.
This automated system is part of our safe arrivals program to ensure student safety. Thank you for continuing to work with us to ensure student well-being and achievement.
Mr. C. Barlow, Principal
Reporting Your Child’s Absence by Phone: Quick Tips for Families
Starting April 4, you can now report your child as late or absent using our automated telephone reporting tool.
Please note: for safety purposes, iNFORM will use the phone number you have provided to the office to verify the caller. Please ensure that your school has the correct phone number on file.
To report your child’s late/absence by phone:
- Call the school before 8:55am [905-889-6767]. Press 1 to report your child as absent/late.
- If you are calling from a number that you have not provided to the school, you will be prompted to enter the cell or home phone number that you have provided to the school.
- Please enter the appropriate absence code and follow the appropriate prompts.
5-Future Absence (also includes reporting multiple day absences)
- Please wait to press 1 when prompted to submit the late or absence to the school. If you have made an error, you can press 2 to go back.
- Use the provided prompts to enter the reason for the absence.
|Reasons for Absence:
||Reasons for Lates:
- If you have another student in this school to report, wait until the end of the confirmation and select 1 for reporting another student absent or late.
A confirmation email will be sent to all parents/guardians who have access to the student’s records.
If you are calling after 8:55 am:
If you have not reported an absence, and it is after bell time, you can:
- Use Edsby to report a planned absence online.
- Call the school directly.
- Wait for the outgoing call from the iNFORM system and answer the prompts to verify the absence.
Note: You may use the system to report absences/lates for tomorrow or a future date at any time.
If your child has been marked late or absent and you have not reported it, you will receive an automated phone call and email shortly after the bell time notifying you. You will be prompted to verify whether or not you are aware of the absence.
When you answer this call, you will be provided with the first name and grade of your child and ask you to:
- Press 1 if you are aware of this absence/late. You will be asked to report the reason for the absence using the codes above.
- Press 2: if you are unaware of the absence.*
Important: *Please note that if you have pressed 2 (unaware) by mistake, please call the school. The school will start their Safe Arrival procedure on these absences.