York Region District School Board’s mission is to advance student achievement and well-being through public education, which motivates learners, fosters inclusion, inspires innovation and builds community. We look forward to having your child join us and working with you toward his/her success.
- Birth Verification of student, which may include, but not limited to, birth certificate; statement of birth; birth registration; refugee claimant form; permanent resident card; confirmation of permanent residence (not application for); baptismal certificate; passport; citizenship card; First Nation, Métis, Inuit ancestry; record of landing; substitute registration of birth or adoption; or other Ontario government-sanctioned document approved by the superintendent of schools
- Custody/Adoption documentation if applicable
- Proof of Residency of the student – two documents, one from each of the categories below showing the home address;
- Category A – notice of tax assessment, current rental/lease agreement, agreement to purchase including proof of purchase provided before the pupil attends the school, or property tax bill, and
- Category B – utility bill, bank statement or other official document
Additional information about more specific situations is available in the School Admissions Policy and Procedure or through your home school.