The York Region District School Board welcomes you and your child to our schools. We are proud to be one of Ontario’s top achieving school districts and to provide quality educational programs for all our students. Kindergarten is a big step on the journey of learning and this is an exciting time for you and your child. We strongly believe that forming strong partnerships with our parent community is a main factor in achieving success; and encourage you to engage in your child’s education.
The York Region District School Board’s mission is to advance student achievement and well-being through public education, which motivates learners, fosters inclusion, inspires innovation and builds community. We look forward to having your child join us and working with you toward his/her success.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-18 school year will begin on January 20, 2017.
Documents for Registration:
- Birth Verification of student, which may include, but not limited to, birth certificate; statement of birth; birth registration; refugee claimant form; permanent resident card; confirmation of permanent residence (not application for); baptismal certificate; passport; citizenship card; First Nation, Métis, Inuit ancestry; record of landing; substitute registration of birth or adoption; or other Ontario government-sanctioned document approved by the superintendent of schools
- Custody/Adoption documentation if applicable
- Proof of Residency of the student – two documents, one from each of the categories below showing the home address;
- Category A – notice of tax assessment, current rental/lease agreement, agreement to purchase including proof of purchase provided before the pupil attends the school, or property tax bill, and
- Category B – utility bill, bank statement or other official document
Additional information about more specific situations is available in the School Admissions Policy and Procedure or through your home school. If you have any questions please contact the school at 905-889-6767.